Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"Spirit" Wolf

Spirit is his name.  He lives at the rescue and rehabilitation center along with his siblings.  I guess they can't release them to the wild as they have been too imprinted by humans.  He is loved and well taken care of.  Their compound is fairly large and in a perfect world he would be roaming free. 

Their mother died early in 2014.  Their  names are Logan, Blair, Lucien, Legend, Bayou, Noelle, Sedona, Truck, Nova and Spirit.  Their mother was Wakiza.  They were born n a private facility in a nearby high desert town  and later brought to this rescue rehab zoo.  They have been raised by the Curator and lead  keeper and very loved.

For a yearly fee you can "adopt" one of them so I sponsor "Spirit."  I'll go back every so often just to enjoy watching them and the eagles, hawks and other birds or animals being rehabilitated or cared for as long as they live. 

Here is Spirit.

Well I think it is Spirit - there was a 9 year old girl who said this one was Spirit - she has visited the zoo quite a bit and some how knows their names.  I'll probably not know for sure who is who as they look so similar.

What a beautiful animal!

 

2 comments:

JFM said...

He is gorgeous and Sandy...you are a beautiful person with a caring heart~~~

Hugs
xoxoxo

Out of Sight L said...

So beautiful and I'm so happy you adopted him...you have a heart of gold!