Sunday, July 6, 2014

CALIFORNIA SISTER



Along the lake - I chose a bench to sit at and enjoy the view  for a few minutes.  This pretty lady came and sat near me in a tree.  She let me take some pictures.

"The California sister is named for its black and white coloration on the fore wing that resembles a Nuns habit. (Which I still can't see). They are not afraid to open their wings so you can get a look at the top side, although the underside is just as striking, if not more so. "



I have this same type butterfly in the yard every day and she lands right where I've watered - or she seems to land somewhat near the stream of water so it can shower her lightly.




She likes to eat the leaves of oaks


I have better photos that shows the underside of them which is really pretty.



4 comments:

cat's momma said...

She's very beautiful...I definitely like her colors!

cat's momma said...

She's very beautiful...I definitely like her colors!

Out of Sight L said...

Stunning m'dear Sandy, wonderful macro and colours

sandy said...

thanks L and L>;)