Tuesday, June 10, 2014

THISTLE AND WHATEVER - MOTH OR BUTTERFLY

I have to do more research on moths and butterflies - I'm sure moths fly during the day.  If not I had a bunch of extremely miniature little tiny fairy size butterflies land in the birdbath and end their life there.   I mean...these things were t-i-n-y.

Anyway, I'll title this Thistle and Moth.

The thistle is blooming down at the lake in one area particularly.  I was trying to take photos of it, and had to climb around this guy's gear that he had set up to fish.  I saw this moth flying around but didn't know I actually got a photo of it.  When I looked closer I was surprised and grateful that I caught one in motion.








3 comments:

cat's momma said...

Lucky shot getting that moth flying...they move so fast!

Out of Sight L said...

yes indeed oh my gosh those two photos are incredible you caught in flight and in action, people should see more of them, maybe they wouldn't be so grossed out by moth, especially knowing how beautiful they'll become,a good lesson for humans too. Deep in our Soul some are so much more beautiful than they are in this physical world....

betty-NZ said...

I love it when that happens! Great shots.