Walking along on a beautiful afternoon I see a movement out of the corner of my eye. I tromp through some high grass and weeds to find a hole in the ground where water is seeping out of a drainage pipe. This is one of the drainage pipes that after it rains, feeds water into the lake. This little fluffy bird flies up on the pipe from the water below and sits there for quite a while as I snap photos. It doesn't bother him apparently that the water is stagnant and murky - he was just enjoying his bath when I interrupted him.
Every day, brings more little surprises down at the lake. I eagerly set out every day to see what it is that will surprise me most.
The more I get excited, the more nature lifts the veil on its' beauty - but then I think - no I'm just seeing more and more of nature's beauty because I am focusing in to see it - also an extra pair of eyes (thanks Mike) aids me in seeing more. I may miss something and he will point it out.
Every day, brings more little surprises down at the lake. I eagerly set out every day to see what it is that will surprise me most.
The more I get excited, the more nature lifts the veil on its' beauty - but then I think - no I'm just seeing more and more of nature's beauty because I am focusing in to see it - also an extra pair of eyes (thanks Mike) aids me in seeing more. I may miss something and he will point it out.
5 comments:
Oh my he is the sweetest thing, just waiting patiently, gorgeous photos Sandy, keep it up, I'll visit more later as I have to bring one of my cats to the Vet she's not breathing properly
Looking again i see you were meant to be a nature photographer, in everything you post, there is a delight...that goes beyond the hey look I got this great photo..You are the real thing...unfortunately a lot of people don't see the beauty of those who live in nature, I've learned a lot from you and I intend to learn more :)
Thanks so much Lorraine for your comments. If I could start over I think traveling and taking photos would be a great way to make a living. Problem is, I only put my camera on Intelligent Auto and know nothing else about it. I like my camera but to have a really high price good camera would be heaven to me. But I'm tough on cameras and they would eventually get dropped and broken.
I'm tough on my cameras too, I'm at the gamut (I started at 12) from film photo Minolta SRT-201, 35mm to the strange visual of the digital about ouch 8 of those, i can tell you after all the technology I learned, except for macro, which i will ensure it's on macro (it's the flower), as for the rest, put it on Auto, and don't worry about it, my technique: Look.Like.Shoot. Works like a charm lol
cool to read with all your learning about cameras - you use IA also! Eight cameras wow..
Post a Comment