Friday, August 22, 2014

We have a lot of hummingbirds visiting the yard lately.   The weather is cooling down so nice at night and I think by September we will really be feeling fall weather.  I've noticed some trees already changing colors on the leaves.  Not a lot yet, but enough to get excited about the fall colors coming.


We've been taking several drives up the highway recently because the sky is so pretty with the monsoonal type clouds. 

I keep meaning to look at Farmers Almanac to see what is predicted for this fall and winter - since I'm thinking of it I'll go do it now.

Two days ago we had quite a storm - thunder, heavy rain - and just when I thought it was over - it continued for quite a while longer. 

It might not be helping the drought but the trees up here in the mountains look green and fresh and the lake is beautiful.  

How's your weather?

How are your birds - any new ones in your yard.


5 comments:

cat's momma said...

Wonder, beautiful photos on the hummingbird you captured!

Funny you should mention fall colors. Just today I noticed an area of liquid amber trees that were already getting very colorful leaves...we were an area of Pismo back by Oak Park when I saw them. I wish I had been able to be at your house to experience the storms! I can't wait for something wet to fall over this area SOON!! I hope.

Margie said...

Sandy, that is a lovely capture of the hummingbird.
Our weather is great, today was about 78 degrees and it's cool enough right now that one needs a sweater outside.
No new birds here.

sandy said...

thanks you two. Margie - we were in the 70's also today - i think Denver is a little higher in altitude than where we are. We are about 4800. I love how cool it is getting at night.

Laura hope you can come when it snows.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Ohhhhhhhh sighhhhhhhhhhhh... I love your photography... Oh, look at that bird!!!

Here in the upper NE, The Wheel Of The Year is slowly turning... Changing of leaf color, here and there. Coolness of evening/nights. And even, some coolness in days.

But then, heat will return, when school begins! -grin- Which will be Sept. 3, here "in my neck of the woods". "Murphy's Law" and all that...

Gentle hugs,
Tessa~

sandy said...

Hi Tessa - we will probably have some warm September days out here also - plus we get the Santa Ana winds in Sept Oct time frame. But in the mountains are leaves will turn quite a bit before the ones down in the valley. Can't wait.