Sunday, August 24, 2014

SWALLOWTAIL AT HEAPS PEAK ARBORETUM



Often, when we are driving up the mountain we will stop along the way at this arboretum.  I didn't want to do the walk through as it was getting late and we wanted to go eat - but I had Mike stop the car so I could   check out the area closest to the highway.  I was happy to see the swallowtail and get some pics.  I photographed many poses but will just post these two.





 This area is a great place to stop at and see the local flowers, trees, bugs, birds and butterflies. 


5 comments:

Candy said...

Sandy, these photos are gorgeous! I also love the finch photo and, of course, the hummingbird from the previous posts. We've been getting a lot of visits from finches - not any goldfinches though and also hummingbirds.

sandy said...

Hi Candy - thanks for your visit. We have had a lot of goldfinches but house finches not so much lately.

Margie said...

Gorgeous captures!

sandy said...

thanks Margie.

cat's momma said...

These are beauties!