Sunday, October 18, 2015

RANDOM SUNDAY PHOTOS OF A FEW OF THE MANY PHOTOS TAKEN LATELY


Thank you Lux for the reminder of this incredible song and your latest post.






1.  Turtle at lake.
2.  Unknown duck at lake - need to identify it still. This is a new one that I've never seen here.  What hasn't returned yet and should by now are the seagulls.  They are very late in arriving for the fall winter season.  I wonder if El Nino is to blame.  They have always arrived in September.
3.  Pigeon in yard.
4. American Coot.  They have returned in LARGE numbers.
5. Osprey in flight - 6 and 8. also
7.  First Monarch butterfly sighting.  




 ]







4 comments:

cat's momma said...

Lots of critters at the lake lately but no gulls! I hope they find their way there soon. Meanwhile, it seems our pelicans are on the move to somewhere else. I love those silly coots with the big feet! They always make me smile. And turtles I've always liked and that's a nice, clear photo of the turtle there.

sandy said...

thanks - We usually do get white pelicans here at the lake this time of year but maybe a little later. Although, the first week or two when we moved in, right around this time, there were nine pelicans here every day for awhile.

Linda said...

Gorgeous series of beautiful creatures, Sandy, and your header is stunning!

Ygraine said...

What a fabulous post, Sandy...I love Michael Jackson's "Earth Song"...and your photos are absolutely stunning!
Oh wow...that amazing osprey in flight...so graceful...so majestic...oh wow!!
xoxoxo