Blackbirds at the lake are always fun to watch. They usually are intimidated by people so I can take a lot of photos. I loved the lighting the day these were taken. They were sitting on top of a wall and there were portapotties behind them which gave a pretty color as a background for their little black bodies.
I took a lot and later got quite a few of them bathing. Of all the birds ( or lack of lately) at the lake the Brewers can always be found taking baths in shallow water near the shore. There are similar poses but I didn't feel like weeding them out. I put them up as a group..
I really think they are communicating about another bird that was nearby. They seem to be deep into conversation - It appears they are a couple - female and male - female having the lighter brown feather on her head - the male being darker brown/black.
The bird on the post is a male.
I took a lot and later got quite a few of them bathing. Of all the birds ( or lack of lately) at the lake the Brewers can always be found taking baths in shallow water near the shore. There are similar poses but I didn't feel like weeding them out. I put them up as a group..
I really think they are communicating about another bird that was nearby. They seem to be deep into conversation - It appears they are a couple - female and male - female having the lighter brown feather on her head - the male being darker brown/black.
The bird on the post is a male.
6 comments:
They photograph so beautfully and the orange in the background is perfect!
Beautiful photos, Sandy, and the birds are delightful! :)
Oh how gorgeous!
I love blackbirds. They are frequent visitors to our garden.
Ours here are slightly different to these though - they lack that beautiful bluish hue. When the sun shines on ours, they still appear true black.
Must be a different branch of the family! :))
I love the blue that is iridescent in some light. We have "Brewer's Blackbirds" - so you must have something different. I certain light the males look totally black.
thanks Linda.
this is the time of year they really gather aroiund the lake - also spring.
Post a Comment