Is it true you Llamas like to spit at people?
I took these photos in a place called Oak Glen home of the apple orchards. I have seen videos of them spitting and I didn't want to get too close. As soon as it copped an attiude I thought it was best to quickly snap the photo and then back up.
15 comments:
They definitely will spit! And that one looks like it definitely copped an attitude! Good catch on that one!
The look on the second photo kind of scared me -lol
Beautiful!!! Yes, both camels and llamas will spit, but they do it mostly if they are annoyed or startled. If they are calm and happy they won't do it.
Hi Linda - good to know - although this one if I had stayed in her space was definitely gearing up to spit at me - she tried to charm me and draw me in closer with her smile - but i'm no fool!! I have street smarts. :)
Thanks for the comments on my blog. What stunning photos you have, and such a huge variety of wildlife. Are they all near you, if so that's fantastic.
Hehe. He looks so majestic, haughty but adorable at the same time.
You sure do, Sandy! And I can see her gearing up in that second photo! LOL! :)
Yes, I've heard they spit too...but I'm so grateful you had the courage to get close enough to take these stunning photos.
They are so beautiful! :))
Pretty much I have a lot of birds and wish I had more variety but there is wildlife here as I'm in the mountains. I like to go to Oak Glen, about 40 minutes away to see creatures like llamas, etc. Thanks for the visit Dave. I don't know why I never came by before because I saw you post for years to Rosy's blog. I'll be back over to see your photos...
they really are majestic looking but i'm not getting too close, lol, thanks Lux.
thanks Ygraine - loved your poem today.
Hello. I stop in from Jan. I always thought LLama sort had the stuffy look to them. I've always injoyed them.
If you have time stop in some time....Coffee is on
Oh what a cutie! And I just LOVE your header photo, I'd like to be there, right now. :-)
Hi Geraldine - thanks.
Hi Dora (love your handle peppy lady - ...I will come by - thanks for your visit.
Post a Comment