Monday, September 8, 2014

LAST NIGHT'S SUNSET AND MOON RISE PHOTOS

Went down Crest Forest Drive until we found a spot that I had scoped out earlier in the day for photos of the clouds from Hurricane Norbert coming in.  I wanted to get a sunset last night - We had some downpours yesterday, it cleared slightly for awhile and then it's been raining most of the morning today and still is.  Light rain today that won't run off but will soak in.  So thankful for the rain.

I got out of the jeep looking towards the west for the sunset and when I turned back to face the car the moon in all it's glory was there  - plus a bird just really appearing to be having fun with the wind currents. 

There were clouds below the moon that were glowing somewhat pink from the sun's light on them.















We went farther up and found where the hang  gliders launch off from - I think it is actually called Glider's Launch point.










3 comments:

Out of Sight L said...

oh Heavens! Sandy these are glorious ...wow, you took my breath away, bravo!!!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

We went out to find a spot, without trees... But we did not find places, like you have, in your area.

Magnificent photos!

Magnificent area!

Happppy sighhhhh...

Tessa~

cat's momma said...

Love all the photos! It looks so pretty and fresh from the moisture! Heard about the I15 outside of Vegas being flooded...saw film on the news last night...wow, Arizona is getting battered like crazy!