Sunday, March 25, 2018

COLD AND WINDY TODAY

So, I'm staying home and re-appreciating my Bend, Oregon photos.  I probably will post more but for now this one speaks to me really loud - like saying LOOK at me again.... because my granddaughter Mackenzie is in it when she was about 6 years old.  I love this area along the DeSchutes river as it flows through the town of Bend.  This particular area is called Mirror Pond and at certain times of the day the reflections in the water are like a mirror. 

This was obviously taken in the fall - and the year was 2012.  They had only been living in this area for about four months, moving from where we all lived in Southern California.  This was my first trip to Oregon and I have to say I was immensely impressed!  I wouldn't mind a move there some day in my future. 

I must pull out some more soon and share again.  I put some of these photos six years ago on one of my blogs and it could be one that was deleted or taken off line years ago. 

How's your Sunday - busy or relaxing.  Mine is definitely not busy. 




11 comments:

cat's momma said...

I am so glad I got to see that in person in I think 2013! I was impressed with that whole area at the time and can't wait to see it again, especially since there has been so much growth in Bend. I want to see what the difference is and what the impact is of all the new neighborhoods.

Sandy said...

She is cute, and that path is gorgeous. Please do post more photos from Bend. I have been reading a series of mysteries from that area, and have looked it up. I was born in Oregon, but haven't been there in years.

sandy said...

Okay Sandy, you asked for it - I have loads some from every season except summer.

Yeah, me too Laura.

Sandy - Northwest Crossing area is where we visit, where my son lives. There has been rapid development there.

Magyar said...

mirror pond
fish rings write the question
painted trees

__ Mackenzie, joins that dance of seasonal change and growth; great story in just one photo, Sandy. _m

Pattie Tierney said...

What an absolutely gorgeous photo, of what I assume is an equally gorgeous place. I can tell you, it is most welcome, this week in particular, because it has been gray and rainy all week long and I am more than happy to see some color.

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a beautiful photo!!

Candy said...

Beautiful! I've never been there, but I would like to visit some day. Mackenzie is a cutie!

Geraldine said...

What a nice photo and such a feast of color in the background.😊

Hope you have a lovely Easter, Sandy.🌷🐏🐝

Nas said...

This is a beautiful photo. Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely photo! The colours are so vibrant.

sandy said...

just came here after awhile away - thanks you all for the comments.