Saturday, March 17, 2018

THIS CAME IN AN EMAIL TODAY - WHICH IS FASCINATING TO READ

I've had wolves on my mind since about March 7. (when something reoccurs in my awareness many times in a short time frame I perk up and take notice of why or what the message could be)..

   Many times the name wolf would come to me and it was just the other day when asking my "wiser" self what does it mean I was told to write it down and look at the word.  I wrote it down and the first thing I saw was Flow - wolf backwards.  Then I remembered I had seen a video awhile back of how the wolves helped change the flow of a river in Yellow Stone  and how the reappearance of wolves brought the whole area back to health.  This video I saw was definitely an example of the "flow" of nature the wolf brought back to Yellowstone.

It was so nice to see this in my email today about this "flow" of order going on in a wolf pack.




 Cesare Brai's photo.
 "A wolf pack on the move :
The first 3 are the old or sick, they give the direction and pace to the entire pack.  If it was the other way round, they  would be left behind, losing contact with the pack. In case of an ambush they would be sacrificed; then come 5 strong ones, the front line; 
          In the center are the rest of the pack members; 
        then the 5 strongest following.     Last is alone, the Alpha.
He controls everything from the rear. In that position he can see everything, decide the direction. He sees all of the pack. 

The pack moves according to the elders' pace and help each other, watch each other.
Again I am left speechless by nature ... I knew that wolves are different, but didn't realize how much we could learn from them...

I didn't know wolves put the elders of the pack FIRST ... a lot of people on this planet should take note... they are to be seen up front, setting the pace and direction while enjoying the protection of the rest... and not invisible at the back of the line. "

7 comments:

cat's momma said...

I saw this somewhere yesterday and I find it so interesting and I'm glad you posted it. Your "wiser" self has been busy with you lately...lol. Could thing you pay attention!!

sandy said...

Hi - Trish sent this in email that's why i saw it. Oh yes ... i'm always paying attention because everything is happening but to notice it (as you know) you have to stay in the moment.

We got a little snow like 1/8" ...and it's cold and rain will come in and then snow again tonight, maybe more than this time - and we might go over to the Taproom in Lake Arrowhead to get out of the house and have a green beer (if they make Moose Drool green)..;))

are you getting rain.

Magyar said...

__ There is that sense of unity and support among many wild clans, as they strive to create common survival. We humans refer to that gift as civility, and within the wild there may often be seen, even if but a moment, that common sense of survival among the whole. Of course many would consider my view, an intellectual failure. _m

grace of nature
civility tends their breed
survival senses

sandy said...


"an intellectual failure"...well maybe but the best is yet to come (i think). Love your haiku.

Anonymous said...

I really like this use of words! I will definitely have to try it when I see signs.

BumbleVee said...

This one is not actually true Sandy...check out Snopes...

it is really the "Alpha female" (although, they say that even that term is incorrect) leading a pack of 25 wolves hunting bison... using one long singe file trail broken by the breeding female of the group... to make it easier for the others to follow in deep snow.


https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wolf-pack-photo/


Magic Love Crow said...

This is so interesting Sandy! Thanks for sharing! Big Hugs!