Friday, March 16, 2018

GREAT TEXTURES IN THESE PLANTS AND AN AMAZON PARROT

We probably will get 1" of snow tonight - ...lol - I don't think we will get snowed in but higher altitudes could get quite a bit.  I like it when it happens this way - We can get out and drive easily and enjoy taking a ride to see all the snow.  I don't think I ever want to live much above 5000 feet.  We have had a lot of welcome rain which will make the forest healthier.

I came across photos I took of this green parrot and this beautiful plant.    It's a grey day so I wanted to see some green.








9 comments:

cat's momma said...

More projects for me to attempt to paint!! These are some beautiful greens and I love the yellow on the parrot. We've had a lot of rain today and overnight and it just keeps getting greener! It has been worth the wait becaue it has been almost daily, at least a few showers if not even more, for two to three weeks. March is saving us and providing much needed drinks for the trees and creeks. The one at the end of our block (creeK that runs under the little bridge) is flowing big time!

sandy said...

oh yea the little bridge - how great it is flowing - ...March has come in like a lion...Sounds like we have more ahead past this coming weekend ...more storms evidently. I hope you paint that green bird.

sandy said...

i either want to paint the green bird or the plants.

cat's momma said...

I want to do both! Do it! I found something at your ... shoot, can't think of it, but I painted it today. It's white flowers with snow coming down. Is it "divine inspiration"? I think that's where I got it from. I have been following you every day to see what you put there.

sandy said...

oh...inspire me...didn't know if you went there or not. I usually go there while watching TV at night - i can do both and not lose a beat.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely bird! So pretty. And I am loving all the green in these images because we are starving for it here! It still looks too much like winter outside, especially since we recently got another big dump of snow.

BumbleVee said...

Thanks for the lovely green.... he is so cute.... almost coy looking in the photos...

We are having more snow today...about another 3 inches or so on top of about 4 feet still on the ground. Yeh..it is sort of pretty to look at, but right now with having had a bit of melting..there are ruts about 10 inches deep of ice and then... bare spots to almost the asphalt in some spots in the cul de sac. Horrible to drive on... risking having a bent rim or a tire pop right off if one wheel slides into the deep ruts of ice ... and, the shovelling,......arrrghhhh@#$$%

sandy said...

Oh - so many people are getting lots of snow - hope it warms up for you both soon. Wow ...BV ...you still have 4 feet on the ground, I would probably just stay home and not go outin the car.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!! Love the green parrot! Big Hugs!