Once in awhile something happens and the perfect pose presents itself and you don't realize it until after you see the photo. I took this photo years ago at a park where we had taken our grandsons to play. Hunter called me over and said Gramma look what landed on my hand. i quickly took a photo and then said for him to stand up so I could get a better view. I actually didn't realize it at the time that the mantis looked like she was posing for us.
I posted this years ago but came across it again. Haiku's interest me and I never seem to be able to write one. Possibly one of the visitors to this page (Magyar or Sandy) could come up with one. If so, thanks!!
When I find my other mantis photos I'll post those also - I've taken a few of them in my yard - up close and personal.
I saw this online and liked the description.
Overwhelmingly in most cultures the mantis is a symbol of stillness. As such, she is an ambassador from the animal kingdom giving testimony to the benefits of meditation, and calming our minds. An appearance from the mantis is a message to be still, go within, meditate, get quite and reach a place of calm.
Great photos, Sandy. I once had a mantis reach up for my camera while I was photographing it. Now, I don't get so close.
I am this greening branch
the hunter
A BIG THANK YOU!!
I posted this years ago but came across it again. Haiku's interest me and I never seem to be able to write one. Possibly one of the visitors to this page (Magyar or Sandy) could come up with one. If so, thanks!!
When I find my other mantis photos I'll post those also - I've taken a few of them in my yard - up close and personal.
I saw this online and liked the description.
Overwhelmingly in most cultures the mantis is a symbol of stillness. As such, she is an ambassador from the animal kingdom giving testimony to the benefits of meditation, and calming our minds. An appearance from the mantis is a message to be still, go within, meditate, get quite and reach a place of calm.
First came Jan's
fairy lore magick
purple shadow silhouette
opaque mystery~JFM/Jan
I always think of them as fairies so here is my Haiku for your photo
purple shadow silhouette
opaque mystery~JFM/Jan
I always think of them as fairies so here is my Haiku for your photo
*********************************
then came Sandy's from Maine
the graceful alien
paused on his journey
strange creatures!
paused on his journey
strange creatures!
Great photos, Sandy. I once had a mantis reach up for my camera while I was photographing it. Now, I don't get so close.
*********************************
Then came Magyar's
Nifty Sandy, thanks and nice work... too, to Jan and Maine Sandy!
__ As nature designs; the Mantis, disguised, is one of nature's hidden watchers.
quiet pose__ As nature designs; the Mantis, disguised, is one of nature's hidden watchers.
I am this greening branch
the hunter
***************************************

10 comments:
fairy lore magick
purple shadow silhouette
opaque mystery~JFM/Jan
I always think of them as fairies so here is my Haiku for your photo 💮❤💮
Here is mine--
the graceful alien
paused on his journey
strange creatures!
Great photos, Sandy. I once had a mantis reach up for my camera while I was photographing it. Now, I don't get so close.
Jan's haiku made me laugh. I have always thought that dragonflies might be aliens from another planet!
I remember these photos! I love the Haikus too!
Nifty Sandy, thanks and nice work... too, to Jan and Maine Sandy!
__ As nature designs; the Mantis, disguised, is one of nature's hidden watchers.
quiet pose
I am this greening branch
the hunter
Beautifully written Sandy and _m ❤
You two are fantastic!!!
wow you three - love ALL the haikus, thanks so much~!! now i will copy and paste them on to the post. yippee! I knew u all would be the ones to do it.
did you draw today Laura...it's been raining all day here.
Such a beautiful, majestic creature...and I really like the idea of these being Nature's Ambassadors!
We do so need lessons on how to meditate and slow down...myself at this moment in time especially!
Oh thank you so much for this wonderful post!
I really felt it spoke to me...:))
Have a fabulous weekend! xoxoxo
thanks Ygraine.
Amazing photo and amazing words from everyone! Great post Sandy! Big Hugs!
Post a Comment