Monday, September 21, 2015

BEAUTIFUL BIRDS OF LAKE GREGORY


(Laura - I'm leaving a link to an article that is entitled Kanses rated in World's Top 7 places to watch a sunset - Beautiful photos and a time lapse sunset on the prairie.  Really cool   LINK

Kansas City was our home town.
*********************************************************************************

I've been fortunate enough to get to the lake when the lighting is perfect for photos - so I'll be posting quite a few of them in the next few days.


Mallards flying.





Heron on post.


Cormorants taking off.



Heron and his eagle eye.

7 comments:

cat's momma said...

Love the banner because that is a very different shot of a heron! Your lake bird photos are awesome and the lighting is wonderful!
And who would have guessed that Kansas had such great sunsets...must be because of the prairies and REAL weather there! I loved the sound on the timelapse along with the sights!

Linda said...

Sandy, your photos are gorgeous! I agree the lighting is perfect, but you also captured them in flight, which is not always an easy task! I love this! :)

sandy said...

I'll leave a link tomorrow to a video i want u to see by him. It's a beautiful time lapse over Kansas city - it's wonderful.

sandy said...

thanks Linda - you're right about it being difficult - I don't have the best eye sight so it's hard to move the focus in and out and get it focused in time. Thanks for your comments.

Vagabonde said...

Your photos have such beautiful colors. I like the flickers too but ours around here don’t look the same as yours. We have now 11 bird feeders in the backyard and it is a joy to see so many birds flocking to them. I also bought suet for woodpeckers and was pleased to see two varieties of woodpeckers this morning having breakfast at the suet.

sandy said...

thanks! This one is a male - I know the females have much duller colors. Maybe that is what you are seeing. Suet sure does draw the woodpeckers!

Lux G. said...

They are beautiful indeed. And the crystal clear water too.