Monday, January 19, 2015

THERE'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR

During Fall and Winter - the sun's reflections and the "lighting" at the lake is so beautiful it's hard to stop taking photos.  Ducks can eventually be a real boring subject in my opinion, because they are an easy target and there are so many of them at a local lake.  I take a lot of duck photos but most never get posted because the water was just way too blue looking and the ducks...well the photos are just boring.

Yesterday when I went off by myself to walk the lake I was struck by the lighting on this mallard.  Of course, i took about every pose she did but won't post them all - these are way too many as it is.




























3 comments:

Margie said...

Simply beautiful shots!
I love them, Sandy :)

sandy said...

thanks Margie - hoping to see some more beautiful birds today - can't wait to go out and play - the weather is beautiful.

cat's momma said...

Beautifully detailed duck(s) and the color of the water in some of the photos is so soft!