Wednesday, January 28, 2015

SOME BEAUTIFUL SEAGULLS IN FLIGHT (I'll be sketching soon)

Putting up just a few -  I have so many photos that will eventually go up.  Until the seagulls leave which will be closer to spring - I will continue to take seagull photos because it will be months before they come back.  They will arrive again between fall and winter towards the end of the year.

Each day I go to the lake I expect them to be gone.  I'll miss their flights when they leave - especially when they catch a wind draft and float down to the water.

What can I say about the weather - it continues to be either windy or cloudy and we have been getting some walks in around the lake but most of the time lately it's been too cold from the "lake effect" wind.  Even if we don't walk we drive over, get out of the car and quickly feed the ducks all the time fighting the wind.

I'm really looking forward to spring - we never use to have this many windy days in January (santa ana winds) ...usually this would happen in spring and fall.  











2 comments:

cat's momma said...

Beautiful shots! We were just talking, Ken and I, how in southern CA there were basically two seasons...wind and heat...because those Santa Anas kind of ruin the outdoor time for a couple of months and the heat usually starts in March and lasts until November or December. Here we have one season, it seems: SUN

sandy said...

the Santa Ana's - not welcome - go away. Actually the last couple of days we didn't have wind but down below today they had some though not bad.