First off - i definitely miss this cute bird. We use to have an atrium in the middle of the L-shaped back of the house with kitchen on one side and master bedroom on the other. The atrium was in the middle and I would let her fly free because actually, she couldn't fly. She had never been able to fly since our son's girlfriend brought her to live with them and their new baby while they lived with us. They moved out eventually and I kept the bird.
They got her from a bird farm and I really didn't know the bird's history but all i knew is she never could fly. I don't know and don't think it was because she had her wings clipped but then I didn't know enough about birds to even question if that was the case. And..come to think of it ..if the wings are clipped do they grow to full length again or do their ever grow out. To me it looks like she has wings that can fly.
I would have various things sitting around on tables or shelves and I would set her in different places so she could enjoy different views.


8 comments:
__ 'Tis grand, seeing and evaluating nature, as it strides with we all, along our chosen path!
__ Too, Sandy, your painted cat logo is purrr-fect!
AND
I truely thank you for your kind, and knowing comments. _m
thanks Magyar - so glad u are posting again. I enjoy your haikus .
Wow, what a beautiful setting! That does look like a long uphill hike! Wait for the gates to open!! lol
Ooey had a good life at your house even if flight was an option. You kept her entertained inside, on the atrium and also in the front yard or on the front porch. That photo of her and the snails?, is quite colorful.
thanks Laura - ...yes i'll wait for the gates to open although ... if Mike wants to maybe we will do a little uphill when he gets home and see if it is as tough as i think it would be.
Oh such a beautiful bird! Her wings don't appear to be clipped, do they...perhaps they had been at sometime in the past but, when they regrew, she had lost the confidence to fly?
WOW, that really does look an amazing place to hike...so wishing I were there...😊😊
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!
Hugs xxx
It's nice that the lake has clean shores.
Bless that little birds heart! Love the lake photo! Big Hugs!
Post a Comment