I have fed them, talked baby talk to them, or tried, ....and still...even at the slightest movement of a curtain they would fly off. Two weeks ago everything changed. More and more came to the yard and one or two actually listen when I try to make Raven sounds. I've actually have had them stay for a bit eating what I put out while i stand at the screen door, open it and talk to them.
Now...however, I expect treasures left at my doorstep. I've read they will do that. I never miss a day without putting food out for them and at some point I will expect a gift every day I do that. No, not really, I'm okay with them just staying put long enough for me to get a photo. I have taken photos before but it was usually with me hiding behind a curtain waiting for them to turn their head and I could grab a few shots.
Now...however, I expect treasures left at my doorstep. I've read they will do that. I never miss a day without putting food out for them and at some point I will expect a gift every day I do that. No, not really, I'm okay with them just staying put long enough for me to get a photo. I have taken photos before but it was usually with me hiding behind a curtain waiting for them to turn their head and I could grab a few shots.
7 comments:
Cool video and great pictures of the Ravens. so interesting.
The crows are the only birds I can't photograph well. You took the excellent photographs of them! I shouldn't be jealous of your photos but I am.
I have never heard how a crow talks. This crow in the video does very good job with repeating words. She is magical!
Que lindos!
Como são dóceis;
Obrigada pela sua visita neste mês de julho;
Abraços
janicce.
How beautiful!
How docile they are;
Thank you for your visit this July;
Hugs
janicce.
Lucky you! They are huge closeup. I am impressed with your patience.
what a gift and great photos of the crows ~ such treasures ^_^
Live each moment with love,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
thanks all of you! hope summer is treating you well and not turning up the heat on you.
An intelligent bird. It often flies at high altitudes - about 2000 m.
Post a Comment