Saturday, May 16, 2020

NORTHERN FLICKER

Northern flickers  live in the west (I live in Southern California mountains) and  have a red shaft of color on the tail and then there are flickers who live in the east who have a yellow shaft.

The flickers  are some  of the prettiest birds that come to the yard around here.  I always put peanuts on the deck railing upstairs and keep peanut suet out also, especially in winter.   Some years there seem to be more of them but lately, the last few years I haven't seen as many.




7 comments:

cat's momma said...

What a pretty bird and I really like the colors.

Kaya said...

What a beautiful bird visited you! So colorful, so beautiful!
We don't have these birds where I live, I wish we do.
You fantastic pictures!!! Love them so much.

Kaya said...

Sorry, I meant " you took fantastic pictures"...

sandy said...

thanks Laura. Hi Kaya - ...Didn't know you don't have them in Utah. I would love to see one of the yellow shafted ones.

carol l mck said...

What a beautiful bird and great photo ^_^ Love our feathered friends ~ ^_^

Be Well, Be Safe,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!

Sandy said...

I saw a pair a couple of weeks ago, and that was the first time in several years. Your flicker has more red than the ones here. You are seeing lots beautiful birds this season. I am enjoying them!