Tuesday, March 12, 2019

OH LUCKY DAY -

One day awhile back - a long while back - I walked into a Mexican Restaurant and this was the first thing I saw (besides the bathroom door I was looking for).  This beautiful mural was near a hallway to my left as I walked in and as luck would have it, I had my camera with me. 

I found years ago that some of the best art is either near or in the restrooms at restaurants.  Since that time whenever I need a restroom while out dining - I always have my camera and...if the mirror near the sinks is one that makes me look about 25 pounds lighter - I definitely take a selfie....nah ... only kidding 
...because I haven't found a mirror that accomplishes that for me.

I have a collection of bathroom art - isn't that weird.



10 comments:

cat's momma said...

I have seen wonderful paintings in restaurants but certainly never noticed of they were near a restroom or in a restroom...hah...so maybe a little weird, but not for you! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful! I have to agree with you. You do find some interesting art near and sometimes in the washrooms. I wonder why that is.

sandy said...

Hi Martha - I wonder also - could never figure it out but for example our Rainforest Cafe or any I have been in - they have great prints up in their bathrooms and down the hallways to get to them.

Laura - yeah ..haha..not so weird for me.

Sue (this n that) said...

That painting is very sweet - I'd have taken a pic too.
I agree, nice art can be found in the most unlikely places.
Where we have mammograms there are some lovely 'lady' pics xx

Sandy said...

I have done that, too! A Mexican restaurant near us has the most beautiful tiles, as well as art in the hallway going to the restrooms.

sandy said...

well good I'm not the only one who photographs inside of restrooms,, lol...

Ygraine said...

No, not weird at all...I, too, have seen some fabulous art in restrooms!
This is beautiful, and thank you so much for sharing.😊😊
Oh, and if you do find a mirror that makes you look 25 pounds thinner...please do let me know. That is just what I need right now!! Lol

Have a great weekend! xxx

sandy said...

hahahaha Ygraine - and same to you - let me know if you find one!!

Winter has been hard on this body - it wants to eat and can't get out much to walk and exercise.

Magic Love Crow said...

Sorry, I have no pictures of art in restrooms! LOL! But, I think this painting is beautiful! Big Hugs Sandy!

A Casa Madeira said...

Bathroom collection.
Nice.
beautiful.