Saturday, August 6, 2016

GULLS HANGING AROUND VASHON ISLAND, WASHINGTON

When we were in Washington we took the ferry to Seattle but stopped at Vashon Island on the way.  The grandkids were calling them "Seattle Penguins" which had me laughing.

Here are a few of the "Penguins" we saw that day.

On closer inspection I believe this was the same gull in all the photos.







9 comments:

cat's momma said...

These are made all the more interesting because of the backgrounds!

JFM said...

Beautiful close-ups, Sandy...I also love seeing the backgrounds~

Vagabonde said...

I like your seagull very much. A trip from Seattle must have been fun. We just came back from our trip to South California and, apart from our daughter’s wedding which was quite nice, it was not a very fun trip. I’ll write several posts about it soon. I also enjoyed looking at your pretty pictures of birds in your earlier posts.

sandy said...

thanks L, Jan (surprised to see u here)... and Vagabonde!

I must go read about your trip to So Cal if you have posted it yet.

Ygraine said...

Oh how I love gulls!!
These shots are absolutely gorgeous, Sandy...thank you so much! :))

Magic Love Crow said...

Love these photos!!!

Magyar said...

herring gulls
their wait for the ferry
bay crossers

__ A short jump to the ferry... it may take longer, but its a lot less tiring than that long flight across the bay. Smiles_! _m

sandy said...

thank u all...

yes Magyar - you got it! a short jump to the ferry...and having fun taking a ride.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Beautiful photos of the Penguins, Sandy!
Sounds your grandkids loved them!