Tuesday, July 19, 2016

CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK - MORRO BAY, CALIFORNIA


I was visiting and staying with my sister and her husband in San Luis Obispo and ended up staying for a week.  It was a great vacation and they took me all over the place - All the coast towns.  In Morro Bay I saw this Pelican and bought it and then gave it to them as a thank you gift for all they do for me.  Whenever I see this photo in my files it makes me want to get in the car and take another trip to the area.

The store where I bought this is filled with all kinds of fun things.  I'll definitely make a trip back there some day and the great thing about it, is it is near the ice cream shop where I get the best peppermint milk shakes.


The bird picture behind the pelican is also a painting I gave to her awhile back.  I've always liked it.


12 comments:

cat's momma said...

Wow, that photographed so well! We just walked past that place, eating our ice cream cones this morning! It has a big sign saying "going out of business", everything 50 to 70 percent off! But up here, that could mean it will close tomorrow or in a few years...you never know. The big birds now sits on a wooden planter beneath the bedroom window outside, watching over a succulent plant surrounded by colorful rocks! Perfect fit. ;)

sandy said...

oh take a pic - would love to see it guarding the plants.

Magic Love Crow said...

Glad you had a great time! I love the painting you made and I love the Pelican! Too cute!

cat's momma said...

Ok, I will take a picture of it.

Inger said...

My favorite birds, pelicans. And, of course, living here in the mountains I don't see them. Miss them, the ocean, and all those coastal towns. But a sunrise over the mountains here make up for it.

carol l mck said...

Love this art work and great photo! What fun sister you have ~

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Ygraine said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time. It's really great when you have a holiday that you enjoy so much that you can't wait to return, isn't it?!

Oh I LOVE your pelican...and that amazing painting!:)

Have a fabulous weekend.:))

sandy said...

thanks everyone!

Magyar said...

You've had a fine visit!
__Nifty pelican and your bird painting! Hidden; these canvased birds; the watchers. _m

Summer said...

That painting is stunning ♥

summerdaisy.net

sandy said...

thank you all! I neglected to say that isn't my painting just a painting I bought and loved. just got back from Washington - beautifully green state.

Anonymous said...

Morro Bay is one of our central coast favorites. Haven't been in a couple of years. Cayucos and Morro Bay are definitely calling. Did you hear that Hearst Castle was closed due to the fires?