For me anyway, they are hard to photograph - they move in quickly and leave quickly - but I think they are feeling more confident to stay longer. I've been getting quite a few photos of them.
I'm excited because this summer is the first time except for one quick sighting last year and one photo - ....that I've been lucky enough to have them come to the yard. They usually stay up high in the tops of the trees and don't really come to the bird feeders. I've read they do like oranges which I have now put out but so far they haven't eaten any of it.
This is a male Western Tanager.
I'm excited because this summer is the first time except for one quick sighting last year and one photo - ....that I've been lucky enough to have them come to the yard. They usually stay up high in the tops of the trees and don't really come to the bird feeders. I've read they do like oranges which I have now put out but so far they haven't eaten any of it.
This is a male Western Tanager.
2 comments:
What a beautiful bird! Glad you are able to photograph them!
this one doesn't have as much orange on the head - i think it's a young one.
Post a Comment