We have pigeons who land on the deck here and they are so nervous we can't even move in the slightest way without them flying off. I like them around because in the back yard whatever seed the birds throw out of their feeders, which is quite a lot, the pigeons come later and clean it up. Whatever is in some bags of bird seed that the birds don't care for you can watch them pick it out with their beak and throw it go the ground. There are at times at least 20 pigeons in the back yard having a feast.

3 comments:
I didn't know you had so many pigeons...or any at all even. Gotta love nature, one being discards and there are others to clean up the leftovers! I wish our species would be responsible and clean up more often than we do. By the way, that is a pretty photograph...nice soft colors.
i had to refill bird feeders today and i'm glad that the pigeons are going to come along and clean up. it works so well, lol. Yes I agree - animals, birds, fish, etc.... why are they so much more intelligent than humans in certain ways.
we have a species of creatures up in the mountains that leave their crap all over for others to pick up after they have their fun and go home.
it's very sad.
Yes, I know, and we do too at the beaches. Drives me batty!
Post a Comment