I love a trip once every two or three months up to Green Valley Lake. The lake is small but pleasant to walk around and at just about 7000 ft - the weather is somewhat cooler than where we are...also it's much colder in the winter than at 5000 ft so I prefer living where I do but I love it up there.
Here are just 2 photos from the other day and I plan to put up more.
The sky was filled with high monsoonal type clouds and it was a perfect 70-ish degree day. Gotta go back soon and spend more time up there. It only takes probably less than a half hour to get there.
This is probably the smallest little town I've been in besides "Harmony" California. This is even smaller with one realtor office, one general store, a little bar/cafe and maybe a few other buildings. You certainly don't spend time shopping when you visit this area.
Here are just 2 photos from the other day and I plan to put up more.
The sky was filled with high monsoonal type clouds and it was a perfect 70-ish degree day. Gotta go back soon and spend more time up there. It only takes probably less than a half hour to get there.
This is probably the smallest little town I've been in besides "Harmony" California. This is even smaller with one realtor office, one general store, a little bar/cafe and maybe a few other buildings. You certainly don't spend time shopping when you visit this area.
7 comments:
Nice! I have always loved that little lake and surroundings! That one time I was there I got some of the most beautiful fall pictures around that lake! I should say "we" did. I haven't looked at mine for a while.
What a beautiful place to live. It may be small and isolated, but it's charming. I absolutely love the mountains and I think would enjoy that life. The mountains in New England would be too snowy and cold though. The Smokies and Blue Ridge are very appealing. They do have snow, but winter doesn't last as long as it does up here in New England. I wish we had mountains that went down to the sea on the east coast because I enjoy the water birds that the ocean has to offer. Best of both worlds! Too bad I'm not rich. I'd buy a house in both places. Haha :)
Truly gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! Big Hugs!
hi and thanks.
Laura - it is so pretty there in fall - i must make a trip again to that area.
Lin - I would love to see those areas you mentioned. I'm like you - I love both the coast and the mountains.
I love the way the house climb the sides of the mountains out there. Our elevation here is about a hundred feet!
Very nice photographs, such a pretty place.
All the best Jan
Sandy - 100 feet - wow - ....sounds like maybe Florida...
thanks Jan and Sandy.
Post a Comment