Wednesday, January 3, 2018

AFTER POSTING ABOUT THE POOR LITTLE GUY BELOW JUST WAITING TO BE LET IN THE HOUSE

Yesterday I took these photos of "Beanie".  Because we are surrounded by hills up here in the mountains, in January the only direct sun we get in the yard is for about an hour and a half and that is it.  Although Beanie has a larger basket in her bedroom with a desk lamp light to warm her - As soon as the sun comes through the window she jumps into her small basket to soak in the rays.  I love the light this time of year because it comes with such a small window of time to our house.   We have several outdoor feral cats that also enjoy the deck out in back.  I have taken so many photos of them so I will put them on this blog as I get to them.

We probably shouldn't, but we make sure they eat well and have a protected place to go to when it snows.  The neighbors up here also feed them and one woman in particular leaves a heating pad on in a box on a chair sitting on the front porch and I think the cats think hers  is the most popular house to go to in the winter. 

We have tried to catch a few kittens to take to the rescue center but they are all way too smart up here - they know how to avoid traps and people although they appear to love to hang out at the various houses in this small neighbrhood of ours.

And, we have no rodent problem.




9 comments:

cat's momma said...

Beanie looks so cozy...and so does your living room with all the windows. Reminds me of a house I've seen in my visualizations way back in time where I would live in a house with windows everywhere! I hadn't thought of that in decades.

Pam said...

Oh is Beanie a Tortie? Looks like she is. My little Lilly Bits mom is a Tortie but dad was a Tabby. Your Beanie is just beautiful.

sandy said...

Hi Pam, Beanie is a tortie and also the feral cats - there are two tortis that come around quite a bit. Thanks for visiting. i will come by and see if u have a photo of Lilly Bits, (so cute).

sandy said...

Laura, There great to look out of but they never seem clean always smeared when the sun hits them. And of course the stray cats drool all over the deck window, lol. Waiting for their food.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Beanie is adorable. And that room looks so bright and inviting! Very cozy.

sandy said...

thanks Martha, this time of year it is and other times especially in summer that window in the back is blinding with the sun coming through.

baili said...

you have such beautiful and serene blog with very lovely sharing my friend!

I just LOVED the heading photo!!!


i used to live in a valley surrounded by hills before my marriage 25 years ago and spent 20 years there so many precious memories of lashing area and lovely family!

there were winters were stern but here in southern part of country winters are mild and lots of sun

wishing you and your happy family with such adorable pets a happy new year

Magic Love Crow said...

That is so special Sandy! I am so happy everyone is loving the cats! Beanie is priceless! Big Hugs!

sandy said...

thanks Baili and Stacy.